HR Compliance is Becoming Increasingly Harder to Maintain. – HR Affiliates Blog
Compliance is both a main area of concern and focus for employers. Compliance in the world of HR simply outlines the process of defining policies and procedures — but it is by no means simple. Staying up-to-date on federal, state, and local laws and regulations are becoming increasingly difficult as we continue to endure shifts throughout this unprecedented crisis. Small to medium-sized businesses that don’t have HR on their staff tend to be at higher risk of breaking employer and compliance laws. Lucky for you, HR Affiliates takes compliance seriously. We’re here not only to answer your questions but to conduct a free compliance review to get your business on track and protect your bottom line.
Reap the Bottom Line Benefits of Outsourcing to HR
Employment laws and regulations are more complicated than ever — and not knowing and understanding compliance obligations is not an acceptable legal defense. Compliance is the foundation of your business as it influences your hiring, onboarding, employee development, retention — and essentially all of your business decisions. When it comes to compliance, some of the top area’s businesses struggle with and are often fined for include:
- The improper completion of I-9 forms
- Non-discriminatory hiring — not adhering closely to federal anti-discrimination laws enforced by the ADA and EEOC
- Failing to correctly differentiate between exempt and non-exempt status
- Neglecting the FLSA’s policies on labor laws
As an HR company, we often find that many businesses keep their compliance management in-house and eventually miss one minor law that hits their bottom line hard. We want your business to stay in compliance at all times, so we’ve come up with a list of effective ways to promote workplace and employer compliance:
- Administer an internal HR audit of the effectiveness of your existing compliance levels
- Ensure proper training of anyone who manages compliance
- Install a monitoring mechanism by outsourcing compliance to HR
With that being said, we want to highlight the benefits of outsourcing compliance to HR. Below is a list of advantages in doing so:
- Reduces costs and lightens administrative burdens
- Simplifies process with access to better technology
- Access to on-hand HR simplifies otherwise daunting tasks for business owners
- Increases compliance with laws, regulations, payroll, and more
- Prevents discrimination by staying up-to-date with the FMLA, FLSA, and EEOC
Having an HR team on your side ensures compliance every time and allows you to focus on what you do best — business. The needs of every company are different as compliance laws depend on a multitude of factors that may or may not affect your business. But regardless of the size of your business, breaking compliance laws is breaking the law, and as HR partners we don’t allow you to do that when we’re on your team.
Focus on Your Team and We’ll Manage Compliance
Measuring the success of your business is seen through not only your growth, but your profit, your retention, and above all, your ability to stay in compliance is one of the strongest indicators of success. At HR Affiliates, we have over 25 years of experience and succeed daily in staying up-to-date on the latest laws and regulations that could affect your business. Take off the compliance stress and allow us to keep your employers and employees in compliance every day. Reach out to an HR consultant today for a free consultation.